Tory Record on the Economy(October 02, 2013)
Cost of living
• Prices have risen faster than wages in 38 out of 39 months while David Cameron has been Prime Minister.
• Wages are down by almost £1,500 a year since the General Election. • While ordinary people are seeing their living standards squeezed David Cameron has
cut income tax for people earning over £150,000.
• In April this year, bankers’ bonuses soared by 82% as the wealthiest took advantage of the 50p tax cut.
• This is the slowest recovery for 100 years. • Since Autumn 2010 our economy has grown by just 1.7% compared to the 6.9%
expected at the time.
• The UK is currently 3.3% below its pre-crisis peak, while the USA is 4.6% above its pre-crisis peak.
• David Cameron and George Osborne are now set to borrow £245 billion more than they planned in 2010.
• The independent Office for Budget Responsibility says that deficit reduction has “stalled”.