Steve Backs Smaller Earth Group(June 04, 2014)
Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram has given his full support to the city-based business the Smaller Earth Group, as he joined the official launch of two of the City’s newest businesses.
Steve was joined by 70 business leaders and educational partners from across the region to launch the Smaller Earth Groups new business and programme.
He explained, "Another Level is a £1 million pilot project for the benefit of Merseyside young entrepreneurs managed by Smaller Earth Group with £500,000 secured from ERDF and £500,000 from Smaller Earth Group.
“Once again Liverpool’s entrepreneurialism is demonstrated through this fantastic initiative which is inspiring future businesses and world leaders.”
Another Level will be:-
- (1) A means to raise aspirations and inspire start-ups (with a focus on promoting the importance and accessibility of international markets).
- (2) A mixed portfolio incubator for high impact talent, found through an established process and utilising existing international infrastructure.
- (3) Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development programmes and an on & offline mentoring structure for ambitious entrepreneurs.
The objectives will be achieved through:-
- a) Guidance – direct provision of support to the client, either in one to one or one to many as part of a workshop session.
- b) Coaching/Mentoring – delivery of intensive support to secure growth potential
- c) Specialist support – delivery of support elements specific to growth objectives of the businesses
- d) Encouraging (and supporting) positive enterprises attitudes.
At the same event was the successful the launch of Cleversteam as the newest Smaller Earth Group (SEG) Company. Cleversteam is led by Daniel Nicholson and is a small but successful company which aims to empower businesses to realise their full potential through web applications and visual identities. Cleversteam work with a large range of clients, from small charities to international travel companies and even national sporting bodies.
Daniel commented that “The City is a week away from opening the International Festival of Business and Cleversteam is celebrating just weeks after securing export contracts to New Zealand, Australia and the USA. I am looking forward to participating in IFB events. I believe that Cleversteam could learn a lot from the IFB events and speakers in coming weeks and months and I am sure that Cleversteam as an innovative successful company could teach others.”
Dave Robinson Chair of the Smaller Earth Group said “ We have been based and operating out of Liverpool since 1999, and have a credible and established history of delivery for young people across the City, region and internationally sending almost 100,000 people across the globe in order to raise their aspirations and life options. Our drive and ambition never slows down and through our new company Cleversteam and programme Another Level our ethos and passion have been extended further into the City.”